What is Unified Service Desk?
Let’s imagine a software platform that:
- Unifies all the data that the call center agent needs in order to help out the customers efficiently.
- Helps to minimize agents’ manual data entry, improve data quality and allows the agent to focus on answering the customers as quickly as possible.
- Improves productivity by helping out the agents while they are multi-tasking or handling multiple customers at the same time.
- Automates some of the business processes, hence reducing the training cost.
- Performs all the above while leveraging the CRM investment of the organization and is included for no additional cost with the Dynamics CRM professional license.
Unified Service Desk (USD) is essentially a platform that enables all the above functionalities.
In order to fully understand the capabilities of USD, we need to first understand the current challenges the call center environment faces:
- Disparate complex lines of business to handle.
- Multi-tasking environment, which is error prone.
- Inconsistent information delivery.
- Poor data quality due to mistyped data.
All the above challenges ultimately increase the average call handling time which brings down customer or citizen satisfaction and increases costs.