Service Areas are used to define specific geographic regions to facilitate routing of service requests, assist in more detailed reporting and identify areas where resources are either under or over utilized.
To create a Service Area, there are 2 main steps to follow:
- Create the Service Area
- Associate the Service Area to the desired Interaction Type
Creating the Service Area
- Use the Application Selector and Navigate to Velocity 365 - ADMIN --> ArcGIS -> Service Areas
- Click on New
- Enter a Name
- Identify the boundary type (Pin, Polygon, Feature Layer)
- For a Pin, define the pin on the map and then define a radius around the pin
- For Polygon, draw the polygon on the map (Example: a Park)
- For Feature Layer, identify the url for the feature layer. (Example: all the Parks within a community)
- Identify the restriction
- Prevent SR creation in this service area
This will prevent users from selecting a location within the boundary identified in # 4 above
- Restrict SR creation to within this service area when creating service requests that have this service area associated to them
This will require users to select a location within the boundary identified in # 4 above when creating service requests that have this service area associated to them
- No restriction
This is typically used when you want to use the service area for reporting and not apply any restrictions to input.
- Identify the Routing Team
- Identify the Routing Queue
- Service area type
- Ward – this is a specific service area type used to define wards within the community. Typically you would need to add one service area of the Ward type for each unique ward within your community.
NOTE: We have named this field "Ward" as it is easily understood. Recognize these could be other fields such as "Refuse Collection Area", "Community", Public Works Service Area, etc. In these cases, you should identify the Service Area Type as "Ward", then you can use PowerApps to rename the field on the case form to match your identified Service Area.
- Other - this has been reserved for future development and is NOT currently in use.
- Enable for CRM
- Indicates if this service area applies to the CRM map settings. When enables, this service area will be displayed on the CRM maps when the interaction type includes this service area.
- Enable for Portal
- Indicates if this service area applies to the Portal map settings. When enabled this service area will be displayed on the portal maps when the interaction type includes this service area.
- Click Save
Associate the Service Area to an Interaction Type
- To associate the newly created Service Area to an existing Interaction Type,
Use the Application selector to Navigate to Velocity 365 - ADMIN -> Settings -> Interaction Types
- Select the Interaction Type to which you want to associate the Service Area
- Navigate to the Location Details Tab
- On the Service Area sub-grid, select Add Existing Service Area by clicking on the more commands
- Select the Service Area and click Add
Once these 2 steps are complete, you will see the associated service area on the map both in the Agent Console and on the Portal (provided you have configured it to appear on both), and selecting a location will respect the configuration settings for the service area.
Once a new service request is created, you will see the name associated with the service area on the Case Details tab of the case, just below the map if the location is within the specified service area.