• Hey Siri, close the service request in CRM

I was doing some testing for my previous blog where I needed to repititively change the status of service request to Resolved, which will send a message to the citizen. I was thinking what if there is a way through which I am able to change something in the D365 very easily. What if I ask the bot to do it for me ?

• Live Assist Integration - Our Learnings

Live Assist integration helps Dynamics 365 agents resolve issues more quickly to increase customer satisfaction through immersive chat and co-browse experience.  The Live Assist integrates with the Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement and enables the Dynamics 365 Portal with the Live Chat capability. As Live Assist will commonly be used in the Call Center environments, we can also integrate Live Assist with Unified Service Desk for Dynamics 365, a configurable framework for quickly building applications for call centers.

The goal of this post is to share our learnings from the integration between Live Assist and the Dynamics Platform.

• Understanding Basic Concepts of Unified Service Desk

In the last blog, I explained what USD is and why you need USD in your call center environment. In this article, I plan to dig deeper on some of the fundamental technical components in USD.

This article is primarily targeted towards developers who understand what USD is and would like to broaden their technical skills on USD. If you haven’t read my previous blog, I recommend reading it first.

Some of the basic concepts of Unified Service Desk like Hosted control, UII Action and Action Control are loosely coupled to an extent that some of you may be confused by these moving parts. In this article, I aim to simplify it a little bit for you.

You can consider this article the “Hello World” example to get your feet wet with these basic concepts.

• SharePoint Online Customers: The Importance of List Component Removal

A recent Microsoft CRM Blog article mentioned that the customers using the List Component with SharePoint online must migrate to the server-based integration immediately to avoid disruption of service November 30, 2016 onwards.

Please note that the customers using the List Component with SharePoint on-premises deployment are not affected currently.

To give you some context: Dynamics CRM can be connected with the SharePoint by two different approaches.

1. List Component
    2. Server-based Integration

The List Component approach has been deprecated when CRM 2015 Update 1 was announced and the SharePoint integration has to be carried out only with the Server-based Integration approach. However, Starting November 30, 2016, the Sandbox execution for the List Component is scheduled to turn off and this calls for the migration to Server-based Integration even for the existing implementations.

• Unified Service Desk

What is Unified Service Desk?

Let’s imagine a software platform that:

• Unifies all the data that the call center agent needs in order to help out the customers efficiently.
    • Helps to minimize agents’ manual data entry, improve data quality and allows the agent to focus on answering the customers as quickly as possible.
    • Improves productivity by helping out the agents while they are multi-tasking or handling multiple customers at the same time.
    • Automates some of the business processes, hence reducing the training cost.
    • Performs all the above while leveraging the CRM investment of the organization and is included for no additional cost with the Dynamics CRM professional license.

Unified Service Desk (USD) is essentially a platform that enables all the above functionalities.

In order to fully understand the capabilities of USD, we need to first understand the current challenges the call center environment faces:

• Disparate complex lines of business to handle.
    • Multi-tasking environment, which is error prone.
    • Inconsistent information delivery.
    • Poor data quality due to mistyped data.

All the above challenges ultimately increase the average call handling time which brings down customer or citizen satisfaction and increases costs.